Friday, December 21, 2012

Joy of sound

This says it all....The JOY of hearing is the best gift!
2012 was an incredible year.  We are so blessed.
It helps me appreciate the wonder and beauty of the season when I get to experience it through the eyes of my child.  He is more curious than ever!  I'm amazed by his progress in such a short time.  I follow the Facebook page of an organization called "Cochlear Implant Online" and they asked if any families celebrate their hearing birthday.  I thought that was a cool concept.  Often Tyrin's teacher will send home a video of his speech sessions and she will include his hearing age - now at 6 months!


So, there is a funny story that I want to make sure we capture.
I was out shopping with Ty (one of his LEAST favorite things) and after an hour I noticed his headpiece was missing.  I pulled him out of the stroller and checked all our belongings.  It wasn't anywhere to be found...not in the stroller or in his clothes.  I went out to the car, thinking maybe it fell off when I put him in the stroller the first time.  No luck.  Then I decided to retrace our entire shopping trip.  We went to all the guest service areas at the department stores, filed a report with mall security, went back to the restroom and spoke with the cleaning crew.  I think the tears starting to emerge as I was explaining what it looks like to the lovely ladies at Von Maur.  Both of us were tired and hungry.  We went to grab a bite to eat and left feeling defeated.  Once we got home and I started to get Ty ready for bed, I noticed something in his diaper.  There it was!  His headpiece must have fallen down his back right into his butt crack.  I'm glad we found it after all.  I'm ready to invent a GPS tracking device for it!