Monday, May 4, 2009
Gliderport
I found information online about the Torrey Pines Gliderport. They offer tandem paragliding, so we made this our first stop after checking out of the hotel downtown San Diego. I called in the morning...wasn't enough wind velocity. By the time we finished touring the USS Midway and drove up the coast, it was perfect wind. I was not at all nervous. I think the ocean views were so captivating and it all happened so fast. Next thing you know, I was sitting on what felt like a swing in the sky. The interesting part happened when he said "lean left...we are landing on the beach...you have to run with me when our feet hit the ground". Ummm....Ok...what?! It turned out fine. When I got my gear off, he suggested I start walking - it was quite a journey back to the starting point. He warned me about the nude beach too! What a day...



Posted by
Chels